A data scientist is someone who:
- Better at statistics than any other software engineer.
- A Data Scientist is unlike an Analyst creates data.
- Scientist who has access to more measurements (data) than ever before
- Converting raw data into pictorial or statistical reports.
- Then sending reports to the higher level for analysis/predictive and calculative analysis.
- A mix of multiple positions: Data intake, Visualization, Model Creation, Analysis, Data Operations etc
- Develop methodologies and execute on them to expand knowledge.
- Good at analyzing and ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in an influence way.
- Strong business acumen
- Inquisitive in nature
- Technically Sound – R, SAS, python, java, hive/pig/SQL.
- Data scientists have to be well versed in regression.
- Hands clear on probability, time series, and linear algebra.
- Computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics.
- Search engines
- Social networks
- Financial institutions
- The health care
- Engineering companies Oil industry
- Telecom/Mobile analytics
- Marketing agencies
- Data science vendors
- Environment, utilities government and defense
Minimum INR 5 LAC