Role of a Data Analyst
- March 21, 2015
- Posted By : sarit1979
- 0 Comment
- Big Data Analytics
Business Analytics Course
Business Analytics Program
What is the Role of Data Analyst?
The Role of Data Analyst comprises of the following task, a data analyst is a person who:
- Perform a variety of tasks related to collecting, studying, and organizing, comparing and interpreting statistical information and provide appropriate solutions.
- Data tracking and identifying the trends and patterns in the marketplace are very important tools.
- Intense research work..
- Search and evaluate the information related to the particular requirements of a client.
- Audit the report, and present it an appealing manner to the client.
- Data mining, data mapping and data warehousing.
- You also need to be well versed in Excel, SQL, SAS, VB, SPSS, Swindon or Gloucester, Micro Strategy.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, along with presentation skills.
- Knowledge in specialized data management software
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with data compilation and analysis.
Employers View/ Educational Qualification:
- Every industry has a need for data analysis, at least at certain level.
- Most employers require data analysts to hold at least a degree preferably in statistics, IT, Engineering, or similar technology or other coursework may be acceptable.
- Substantial related field experience is also acceptable.
Industries Hiring Data Analyst:
- Search engines
- Social networks
- Financial institutions
- The health care
- Engineering companies Oil industry
- Telecom/Mobile analytics
- Marketing agencies
- Data science vendors
- Environment, utilities government and defense
MEDIAN: Rs 299,024
Data analysts have high growth prospects.
If you have the required qualifications and skills, and are keenly interested in pursuing a career in this field, then being a data analyst is a good option for you.
If lagging behind in terms of qualification then enroll now! The opportunity to learn and gain the skills required for Data Analyst.